Friday, May 28, 2010

More Updates



I noticed it's been WAY too long since I posted so here is the update:

I passed my prelims! I'm an official graduate student and the oral exam is over! It was stressful, but I got a new suit jacket out of it that I LOVE (Garrick is such a great husband!) and now it's over! I'm back in the lab working away and not in the library.

I read All the King's Men, which was an excellent book and might be one of my new favorites. I also read The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, which is an awful book that I do not recommend (too dark for me...also too much like a CSI crime show).

I decided to try a pickle (I HATE pickles, but did not ever remember tasting one). I still don't like them. They tasted like vinegar and cucumber, which is all they are, and I think I'll go on giving all my pickles to Garrick!

Garrick convinced me to start using my driver when I golf and I got quite good at the driving range. Next time we go golfing I think I'll actually get 200 yards out of it!

That's all the updates and fun stories! I'll try not to go as long between posts!

2 comments:

  1. Yay your blog is open for posts now :)
    Congrats on your official grad studentness. You're brilliant. And you two are so cute! Let's hang out soon. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a cutie! I am glad Grad school is going well. I too do not like pickles and I can't give them to anyone because Chad does not like them either :)!!!

    ReplyDelete